Thomas Krahe, CPA/ABV/CFF
Tom Krahe, a Managing Shareholder at Holsinger, has over seventeen years of experience in the areas of accounting, auditing, litigation support, mergers and acquisitions, forensic accounting, business valuation, internal control analysis, and due diligence. Tom has extensive experience with private organizations in a broad range of industries including manufacturing, machining and tooling, mining, construction, professional services, non-profit organizations, healthcare, and others. Tom is also a Managing Shareholder at Strategic Advisors, a sister company of Holsinger, specializing in mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, valuation, and other capital markets activities.
Tom leads Holsinger’s assurance and advisory practice and provides his clients meaningful value through his unique and extensive experiences. His background in forensic accounting and dispute resolution services, provides business owners with unique insight into risk management, strategic business planning and forecasting, valuation concepts, and merger/acquisition expertise.
Prior to joining Holsinger, Tom was a Manager with a boutique forensic accounting firm performing a variety of services including, fraud investigations, business valuations, litigation support, and also served as a court-appointed receiver. Prior to this, Tom spent a combined seven years at Deloitte and a regional accounting firm where he was primarily responsible for managing compliance audits, due diligence, litigation support, internal control analysis, and other advisory services.
Education and Certifications
- Grove City College, B.S., Accounting (with Honors), 2004
- Certified Public Accountant (AICPA), Pennsylvania, 2006
- Certified in Financial Forensics (AICPA), 2012
- Accredited in Business Valuation (AICPA), 2013
- FINRA Series 63, 79 and 82 registrations
Professional and Community Development
- Active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountant (PICPA)
- Member of the National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA)
- Executive Committee Member - Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
- Formerly on the boards of Penn Christian Academy and Choices Pregnancy Center
Tom resides in Gibsonia with his wife Amy and five children, Junior, Keiton, Jackson, Owen, and Lucy.