Brent Moon is an attorney with over thirteen years of experience in the areas of tax planning and consulting, mergers and acquisitions, business consulting and corporate governance. Brent serves as outside general counsel to emerging and established companies advising on legal and risk matters associated with business operations and has extensive experience in a broad range of industries including real estate, construction, oil and gas, power and utilities, technology, and financial services.
Brent began his career at a global accounting firm in the National Multistate Tax Services group advising Fortune 100 energy and financial services clients with tax planning and compliance assistance. Brent’s scope of services involved legal research and preparing technical tax memoranda regarding state and federal tax issues, including nexus and apportionment, and performing comprehensive refund reviews analyzing state and local taxes across multiple jurisdictions, including income tax, franchise tax, transactional taxes, and credits and incentives.
Education and Certifications
- Grove City College, B.S., Business Management, 2006
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Notary Public, Pennsylvania
- Licensed Real Estate Agent, Pennsylvania
- Production Editor, Pittsburgh Tax Review, Volume 7, Issues 1 & 2
- Associate Editor, Pittsburgh Tax Review, Volume 6, Issues 1 & 2
- United States Tax Court
- United States Supreme Court
Brent resides in Harmony with his wife Chris and two children, Carter and Emily.