Tax Staff will be required to complete certain individual, business, and trust tax returns and assist other staff with the preparation of various tax returns for individuals, businesses, and trusts.
Primary Job Functions:
Tax Staff are expected to perform a variety of tax related responsibilities. These responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: completion of the SurePrep scanning and verification process, completion of certain individual, business and trust tax returns, assisting with the completion of portions of larger, more complex individual, business and trust tax returns as directed. Tax Staff are also expected to complete various tax research assignments as well as other miscellaneous assignments (special projects, cost segregation studies, etc.). Tax staff should take ownership of assigned work, constantly looking for opportunity to reduce workload of others.
- Proficiency with computers, well-versed with the usage of accounting software and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to multitask and complete assignments within the given time constraints.
- An eye for detail with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A thorough professional co-operative attitude combined with a quality of dependability and reliability.
- Good interpersonal communication skills are a must to communicate with the clients as well as the colleagues in the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. (Current CPA or in the process of obtaining CPA preferred).
- Up to 2 years of experience.