Tax Senior Associate, Tax Services
Tax Seniors have advanced taxation knowledge, and their work includes providing direction to other team members who are learning the workflows and gaining more expert knowledge. This position will have an emphasis on preparing trust tax returns and high net worth individual returns.
Other position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the completion of larger, complex individual, business and trust tax returns.
- Guide entry level tax staff through areas of development (technical and professional), supervision and review, management of assigned projects, and promoting client communication.
- Review returns prepared by entry level staff.
- Identify tax planning/strategy opportunities for clients.
- Conduct projects involving tax research.
- Perform other assignments (special projects, cost segregation studies, etc.).
- Seek opportunities to oversee new clients and projects.
- Maintain ownership of assigned work while looking for opportunities to become a resource within the tax team.
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of supervision of workflows and budgeted hours, organization and time management, communication, interpersonal skills, relationship building, collaboration and problem solving.
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or related business program).
- Preferred qualifications include CPA, Enrolled Agent Certification or advancing educational degree(s), and a few years of experience in roles in the tax staffing structure including having responsibilities at a Tax Senior level.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency in the Internal Revenue Code, state regulations and other pertinent technical guidance.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage assigned projects and direct staff workflows considering budgeted time and cost of completion.
- Demonstrates self-management and is detail oriented.
- Proficient with computers and in the use of software and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to teach and coach other members of the tax staff.
- Ability to learn independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to maintain excellent interpersonal communication skills to build strong internal colleague and external client relationships.
- Develops and maintains excellent client rapport and relationships.
- Develops a professional network to enhance current and new client marketing opportunities.
- Identifies opportunities to cross-sell other firm services to existing clients successfully.
Our goal for a Tax Senior is to provide flexibility within the context of the department and client workflows. Overall expectation for the position is to work 40 hours, Monday through Friday during the offseason. Busy season expectation is variable estimated at 50 hours per week with additional hours when needed.
The firm is open for discussions about less than full-time positions and conversations during recruitment would align accordingly. Benefits are affected by reducing hours. Also noting during busy season, time commitments increase even for Seasonal/PT status.
Remote abilities are a consideration for this position.